Days forum has been active: 4365
Forum Birth Day: Tue May 15, 2012 1:07 am
Current Day/Date/Time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Xellophane's script requests

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Xellophane's script requests Empty Xellophane's script requests Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Xellophane

Xellophane
Staff
Staff

Yo, in accordance with my namesake, I will be posting what requests I have gotten so that, A), People can see if I can do some other work. B) They can find out what/who I'm working on/for. This area will also be where you guys can make requests.

If you wish to make a request. Simply post down below and I'll get to them in due time. If you wish for the name of the job to remain anonymous

Jobs/ Clients

Current Jobs: Clients:
No Comment: Jon Bon
No Comment: Jon Bon

Pending Requests

None

leejanes123

leejanes123
Developer
Developer

Firstly welcome Mr Xellophane

Im Lee Janes of Onyxbreakers , we are currently working on Dark Matter and the only script i can think of that we need is a save data transfer script that allows the players stats to be carryed over from chapter to chapter of the game.

is this something you would be able to do?

if so please let me know so i can let my partner Edgar know we have been looking for a easy way to do this but have not been able to find anything online that could help us.

http://www.boninkcreations.com/

3Xellophane's script requests Empty Re: Xellophane's script requests Fri May 24, 2013 3:39 am

Xellophane

Xellophane
Staff
Staff

leejanes123 wrote:
we are currently working on Dark Matter and the only script i can think of that we need is a save data transfer script that allows the players stats to be carryed over from chapter to chapter of the game.

well, it's been a few months and I apologize for the wait. if you and Edgar are still in need of this, I may have an idea of how it could be done. I'm not sure it can be done by me and will take a lot of research on my part. You may be better off asking MoonPearl if there is a quick and dirty way on how to do it. Saving and Loading information is one of my weakest points in programing currently. I wish I could be more help but I unfortunately don't have the knowledge nor the expertise atm.

4Xellophane's script requests Empty Re: Xellophane's script requests Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:26 am

EdgarD

EdgarD
Fan
Fan

I wasn't aware Lee asked about this, which is something we really needed. It hasn't been at the top of my mind, since I've been developing stuff in-game, but as our project will be split into three separate 'chapters' of one game, the transfer save stuff is still needed (as in, transferring and keeping all the stats). I've toyed around with a few things and in theory, I'm guessing it's best to save on a map and then in the new project, have the same map and all the other maps be different. But theory is different from application, as we all know!

Just wondering if everyone's still alive and the such, as it's been a while since any activity on the forum, in general.

5Xellophane's script requests Empty I'm alive, just being negligent Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Xellophane

Xellophane
Staff
Staff

EdgarD wrote:I wasn't aware Lee asked about this, which is something we really needed. It hasn't been at the top of my mind, since I've been developing stuff in-game, but as our project will be split into three separate 'chapters' of one game, the transfer save stuff is still needed (as in, transferring and keeping all the stats). I've toyed around with a few things and in theory, I'm guessing it's best to save on a map and then in the new project, have the same map and all the other maps be different. But theory is different from application, as we all know!

Hey, sorry about the slightly late reply. It's alright if he asks, the worst that can happen is that I say I can not do it. I've been doing a small bit of theory crafting on this (read last 30 minutes, I forgot completely about this). It would mostly depend on what stats you needed or wanted to carry over. You could theoretically  carry everything over very easily. Maps, switches, everything. That doesn't sound like the best idea, as I imagine you would not want players to have access to the previous chapters. I'll play around with seeing just what it is possible to get away with ignoring in save files over this weekend. I would like to know specifically what you would like to carry over. Are you planning on resetting stats like Mass Effect did? Or do you want those things to carry over?

6Xellophane's script requests Empty Re: Xellophane's script requests Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:37 am

EdgarD

EdgarD
Fan
Fan

Xellophane wrote:Hey, sorry about the slightly late reply. It's alright if he asks, the worst that can happen is that I say I can not do it. I've been doing a small bit of theory crafting on this (read last 30 minutes, I forgot completely about this). It would mostly depend on what stats you needed or wanted to carry over. You could theoretically  carry everything over very easily. Maps, switches, everything. That doesn't sound like the best idea, as I imagine you would not want players to have access to the previous chapters. I'll play around with seeing just what it is possible to get away with ignoring in save files over this weekend. I would like to know specifically what you would like to carry over. Are you planning on resetting stats like Mass Effect did? Or do you want those things to carry over?

The comparison with Mass Effect is that Mass Effect is distinctly three different games, whilst our game is three different chapters, or episodes, of the same game. So, we'd definitely want the levels to carry over between the chapters, as well as items/equipment. Switches are important too, given we use them for achievements and our alignment (using Mass Effect as an example, again, think between Paragon and Renegade) system, the latter of which will ultimately effect the story's end.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum