Days forum has been active: 4377
Forum Birth Day: Tue May 15, 2012 1:07 am
Current Day/Date/Time: Wed May 08, 2024 6:24 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adobe Photoshop 7: RPGs Logo Style (3 minutes)

How useful was this topic?

Adobe Photoshop 7: RPGs Logo Style (3 minutes)  Bar_left100%Adobe Photoshop 7: RPGs Logo Style (3 minutes)  Bar_right 100% [ 2 ]
Adobe Photoshop 7: RPGs Logo Style (3 minutes)  Bar_left0%Adobe Photoshop 7: RPGs Logo Style (3 minutes)  Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Adobe Photoshop 7: RPGs Logo Style (3 minutes)  Bar_left0%Adobe Photoshop 7: RPGs Logo Style (3 minutes)  Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RPG

RPG
Staff
Staff

Hey everyone, this is RPG giving you a tutorial on how to make a quick logo or a splash for your game with Adobe Photoshop 7. This doesn't take me long and if you read on this, it won't take you either.

STEP 1
Spoiler:
You'll need a simple text to start out with (For this I chose Arial and set the font to around 72). The size of the window you see there is the RMXP standard 640x480 if you were wondering.

STEP 2
Spoiler:
Right-click the logo layer in the layer tab and go to Blending Options. (Blending Options is your best friend especially if you're one of those people who experiment with things.)

STEP 3
Spoiler:
Out of the following choices, go all the way down to Gradient Overlay which obviously means it will cover the entire layer in a gradient. There are 2 small tabs with separate colors, clicking them allows you to choose among colors and see the possibilities of those two merging together and you can also move the little tabs around and add more tabs for different gradient options. When you're done, hit OK and you should be back to your blending options.

STEP 4
Spoiler:
Now go down to the Stroke tab and turn that on too. This is basically an outline that wraps around the layer. You can change the color and thickness of it. For what I did for the Bon Ink Creations was change the small area that says color to gradient. As previously mentioned in the last step you can easily adjust colors for your stroke. When you are done hit ok and with that, hit okay again so you accepted all of your blending options.

STEP 5
Spoiler:
We're almost done but there's still 2 more steps to achieve the same style that I create. Go to the layer tab and create another layer and make sure it is below the logo/splash layer. This is because you will now need to go to the layer tab all the way up on the tool bar and go down to merge down which does as it says. You can also just merge visible. Now everything that you applied in the blending options are permanently put into that layer and it acts as if it's a new untouched layer.

STEP 6
Spoiler:
So now we go back to blending options and repeat the stroke but this time set the color to black and slightly adjust the thickness to 2. With that, you are now finished. Go ahead and save it and you are very welcome. I love your faces and I will see you with another tutorial.

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/topic/8750-rpg-on-an-rpg-sit

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum